It’s the time of the year when many of us slow down and think about our career decisions. Are you happy with yours? Are you considering a change? I am, in fact, going to make a change in 2021.
On this podcast, I talked about careers outside of academia a couple of times. This time I talk with Dr. Jennifer Polk from Toronto, Canada. She’s a career coach for PhDs. I came across her Twitter account a while back and thought this would make a great episode.
She describes how she helps PhDs to find out what they want from life and how to find a fitting job.
If you’d like to get in touch with her, check her out:
- Jennifer Polk’s website “From PhD to Life”
- On Twitter, Jennifer Polk is @FromPhDtoLife
- From PhD to Life on Facebook
- From PhD to Life on LinkedIn
Other episodes on careers for academics and in academia:
- 48 SciComm as Career Development Tool – Dmitry Kopelyanskiy
- 39 From Cosy(?) Academia to Harsh(?) Industry! – with John Stowers
- 27 Precarious Postdocs. A Future for Research? – with Gary McDowell
- 25 SciComm: Pint of Science – with Elodie Chabrol
- 19 Insecurity and Uncertainties for Early Career Academics – with Maria Pinto
- 17 From PhD to SciComm via BookTube – with Deboki Chakravarti
- 13 Is there Sunshine Outside the Ivory Tower? – The Recovering Academic Podcast
- #7: Funding Adviser: career at the Interface of Science – with Cristina Oliveira